Hypertherm, the world leader in plasma arc metal cutting technology, today announced its Powerrmax30 is the recipient of the highest product rating—5 stars—from CESVI Brazil, a member of the Research Council for Automotive Repairs (RCAR). RCAR is a worldwide organization whose primary activity is concerned with the engineering aspects of accident repair, safety, and training requirements associated with motor vehicles.
The Powermax30 underwent a battery of tests designed to gauge the unit’s reliability, efficiency, and functionality before receiving the 5-star rating. The unit becomes the first and only plasma arc metal cutting system to achieve 5-star CESVI certification. The Powermax30 has a recommended 6 mm cut capacity, although the unit is capable of severing metal twice that thickness. During testing, judges noted several design and performance features which makes it particularly well suited to automotive applications.
Why 5 stars?
- Compact design and weight of only 9 kilogram for easy movement around sometimes crowded automotive facilities
- Well-thought out controls that make the plasma cutter easy to use
- Safety interlock to prevent an operator from accidently firing the torch
- Tapered torch for working in small spaces, such as under the hood, and a long torch lead
- Voltage converter that allows the unit to work on both 110 and 220 volt power
- Excellent performance and consistent high quality cuts
- Long lasting consumables that are quickly and easily replaced.
Judges found the Powermax30 to be a good value for the money saying the system passed all life tests and presented no problems with durability. The organization even commended Hypertherm for its user’s manual, which it found was written clearly and contained appropriate information.
Want to know more?
Hypertherm designs and manufactures advanced plasma cutting systems for use in a variety of industries such as shipbuilding, manufacturing, and automotive repair. Its product line includes handheld and mechanized plasma systems and consumables, as well as CNC motion and height controls.
Hypertherm Europe B.V.
Tel +31 (0)165 596932
Fax +31 (0)165 596921