The new DMU 50 eco from DMG offers first-rate 5-axis technology at an unbeatable price. In economically turbulent times it is important not to stand still. Therefore Gildemeister has developed the DMG ECOLINE. This concept is based on the idea of supplying the customary high DMG quality at unbeatable value for money by combining consistent standardization with a simple, reliable design. The newest member of this new machine generation is the CNC universal milling machine DMU 50 eco, which unites state-of-the-art technology and maximum precision at an unbeatable price. With this machine, DMG, as a global market and innovation leader, offers its customers the ideal and affordable entry into the world of 5-axis machining.
Simple design and essential features
The new CNC universal milling machine, the DMU 50 eco, stands out for high precision and reliability, and sets standards in the workshop, in training and in the laboratory, as well as in tool, fixture and mould construction throughout the world. With its sturdy cross slide construction and large, easily accessible machining compartment, the DMU 50 eco offers the ideal basis for both one-off production and efficient 5-axis manufacture of small series.
In addition, the extensive basic equipment with swivel rotary NC-table, powerful 16-pocket tool changer and centrally lubricated roller recirculating bearings offer the perfect prerequisites for manufacturing complex tools. Further highlights include the digital drives in all axes for increased dynamics, the direct path measuring system (option) for high precision, as well as state-of-the-art control technology with the ergonomic ECOLINE control panel and 3-D software for optimum programming performance and maximum operating convenience.
No savings on quality
The DMU 50 eco is of course equipped with state-of-the-art components from leading manufacturers as standard. A powerful milling spindle with a maximum speed of 8,000 rpm, at a torque of 83 Nm and a drive rating of 13 kW (each at a 40% duty cycle), ensures high-quality cutting of all materials. Thanks to the integrated NC swivel circular table with digital drives it is possible to machine even the most complex workpieces in just two clamping positions. The swivel circular NC-table with hydraulic table clamping permits a large swivel range of up to 115° (-5° / +110°), making it possible to perform undercuts up to 20°.
More through programming
The new DMU 50 eco is controlled using the ergonomic DMG SlimLinePanel with 15‘‘ TFT screen, Siemens 810D powerline and ShopMill software. Thus DMG provides innovative features such as perfect ergonomics, simple programming and 3D simulation as standard even in entry-level machines. With the program memory capacity and the available number of definable zero points and parameters DMG sets new standards in entry-level machines. The DMU 50 eco offers many program features that the user will recognize from other high-tech DMG products. Standard features also include Ethernet interface and the compatibility with compact flash memory cards to ensure fast data exchange as well as short make-ready and set-up times. The control system can be supplemented by further options to fulfill more complex programming tasks, particularly for shop floor applications. The control technology of the Siemens 810D powerline is the ideal solution for diverse machining tasks including programming, simulation and tool handling.
Highlights – DMU 50 eco
- Maximum efficiency – 5 axis machining of both simple and highly complex workpieces
- Maximum precision – NC swivel circular table with digital drives
- Powerful milling spindle with up to 8,000 rpm at a torque of 83 Nm and a drive rating of 13 kW (40% duty cycle)
- Tool changer with 16 positions in the pick-up magazine
- Quick and easy make-ready of the tool magazine
- Direct path measuring system and centrally lubricated
- roller recirculating bearings to ensure constant precision in the long term
- Optimum drive rigidity as a result of ball spindles in the linear axes
Technical data – DMU 50 eco
- X / Y / Z traverse mm 500 / 450 / 400
- Speed range rpm 20 – 8,000
- Drive rating (40 / 100 % duty cycle) kW 13 / 9
- Torque (40% duty cycle) Nm 83
- X / Y / Z rapid traverse m/min 12
- Feed force max. kN 4,5
- NC swivel circular table
- Clamping surface mm ø 630 x 500
- Max. workpiece weight kg 200
- Swivel range degrees -5 / +110
- Tool magazine qty. / kg 16 / 6
- Tool length max. mm 300
- Tool diameter max. mm 80 / 130
- Control Siemens 810D with ShopMill