At the Hannover Messe Preview I discussed with the specialists of Technische Antriebselemente GmbH. This company located in Hamburg is specialised in drive technology and linear systems. They just launched a new electro piston… let’s have a look at it.
Many companies try to replace pneumatic or hydraulic pistons by electrical ones. Technische Antriebselemente GmbH now offers them an interesting alternative.
The new electro piston benefits from a patented technology without any electric motor; the drive is carried out exclusively by magnetic field technology. Its power is potentially many times higher than with conventional coils.
A few assets
- Constant force over the entire stroke,
- smooth and continuous piston rod,
- polarity change to easy change of direction,
- integrated temperature guard,
- designed for continuous use –high performance bearings,
- adjustable power, current and voltage,
- checked 100,000,000 work cycles,
- single coils and dual coil design
- Vibration functions,
- sorting tasks,
- identification of goods,
- positioning components,
- locking / blocking – security,
- clamping / fixing device
The company is now developing controllers for speed control, soft brake, adjustable end positions, adjustable load and extended travel.
It’s to be discovered at Hannover Messe.