It’s been a while since we announced this new machine designed for the watchmaking industry… and this morning we can say more about it! It will be unveiled at Tornos’ headquarter in the “Watchmaking days” from March 5 to 8.
It is well known that design must bring together two aspects: aesthetics, which plays on emotional effect, and the practical aspects which work on both a rational and emotional level. Mr. Renggli, Tornos’ Marketing Manager, tells us: “We wanted to create a modern automatic turning machine with a 4 mm capacity, occupying minimum floor space and with complete 180° access; hence this frontal design, and the integration of a tablet in addition to the conventional control.”
Frontal access: complete freedom of action
Given the space constraints in watchmaking workshops, the machine was developed so as not to require any rear access; if necessary, it can even be placed against a wall. The machining area protected by a ‘bubble’ is accessible from all sides. Mr. Renggli, reports: “The setup is user-friendly, not only is everything easily visible, but it also gives us ideal accessibility. The test customers have very positive experiences”.
Producing 2/3 of movement parts
Swiss Nano is intended to be a resolutely, uncompromising watchmaking machine, and its kinematics enable it to produce 2/3 of watch movement parts, from simple parts to complex parts, including for instance gear hobbing. Regarding the precision and quality, Mr. Renggli tells us: “The test customers have produced many types of part and the machine runs ‘like clockwork’, behaving to their complete satisfaction.”
Swiss Nano – main characteristics
- Max. workpiece diameter: 4 mm
- Dimensions (L x w x h): 1.8 m x 0.65 m x 1.6 m
- Operations : X1/Y1 platten: 7 turning tools (8 x 8 mm)
- X2/Y2/Z2 end-mounted tools: 3, diameter 16 mm
- Gear hobbing device: yes (option)
- Transverse drills: 2 (option)
- Counter-operations: 2 end-mounted tools (diam. 16 mm)
- Op./counter-op. power: 1 kW
- Op./counter-op. max. speed: 16,000 rpm
- Spindle/counter spindle: induction motor
- Guide bushes: fixed, rotating, working without guide bush
- Options available: HF spindles, polygon tool
- Peripherals: Carousel collection system, vacuum, smoke extractor, fire prevention system
Keep in touch, we’ll publish more soon.