The Eichenberger Gewinde name is nowadays synonymous with “high precision rolled ball screws”. Not only with regard to the quality of the moving parts, but also in applications, mechanical motion devices offer an elegant and space-saving solution meeting with almost all requirements. After 60 years of development, Eichenberger offers today a ball screw for virtually every use.
Key competence – cold thread rolling
The 120 employees of Eichenberger Gewinde AG are assisted by several robots, which allow the company to meet the high requirements of its customers, seven days a week. In the manufacture of screws, the key competence is based on eight cold thread rolling machines, some of which are ultra-modern and NC controlled. The company also offers its expertise in this area by the realization of rolled threads as contract work and can satisfy all sorts of needs like up to 6 x diameter pitches, screws diameters from 2 to 160 mm, special profiles, multiple pitches and much more.
Why thread rolling?
- Significant increase in hardness through cold forming
- excellent surface smoothness on thread flanks and in ground radius
- reduced notch sensitivity
- no interrupted swalfe as in machine-ground threads
- excellent dimensional accuracy
- rational manufacturing process
- extremely cost-effective especially in large production batches
A brochure on thread rolling contract work is available here: http://www.gewinde.ch/files/contract-work.pdf
…brought to you by eurotec-online.com