The exciting new functionality in Edgecam 2014 R2 begins to show how Edgecam Workflow will be the default method for using Edgecam. Automatic conversion of 2D design data to a 3D model, and other significant enhancements to Edgecam Worfklow, from user interface to improved automatic machining processes, are some of the important aspects in the latest release of Edgecam software enhancing Edgecam Workflow to a new level of capability.
Edgecam 2014 R2 has just been launched, and several items of new and enhanced functionality demonstrate why it continues to lead the way in improving productivity and flexibility for manufacturers, increasing their profitability.
Amongst the new and enhanced functionality available in Edgecam 2014 R2
Many exciting new features come for free for Edgecam users who are on a Software Maintenance Plan.
- 2D to 3D for Part Modeler: This ensures old 2D legacy design data can be used in Edgecam Workflow without the need for total part re-modelling. A 2D drawing can now be converted automatically into a 3D model quickly and accurately by simply selecting the views and tracing the part outline.
- Edgecam Workflow Solids (EWS): Offers a fast and simplistic approach to creating simple CAM-ready 3D solid models, delivering standard modelling functions such as extrude, revolve, and blend, supported by parametric sketching. A feature wizard allows for the rapid creation of specific hole types. An interactive story board means users can remodel and edit the original design by quickly selecting the process to be edited, and re-applying the changes.
- Dynamic co-ordinate system creation: The new software includes an interactive way of creating construction planes (CPLs), by simply dragging the CPL marker from the bottom left of the screen onto a face, vertices or edge, and the CPL marker automatically snaps and orientates as required. Dragging the marker over the model instantly offers options of alignment and location, making it easy to find the preferred origin.
- Job reports on portable devices: View job reports on standard portable devices via internet browsers. Reports can be searched, viewed and printed anywhere, at any time.
- Adveon integration: Edgecam 2014 R2 will be the first CAD/CAM platform to integrate Sandvik’s Adveon Tool Library. Adveon is a single tool library, managing tools from a number of manufacturers, and guarantees accurate geometrical information. While the engineer’s input is reduced, users can rapidly build tooling databases, and have access to 3D CAD models for accurate simulation and visualisation.
And much more to be discovered here:
…brought to you by Eurotec-Online.com