While Applitec is known as a specialist in tools for high precision bar turning, a solution designed for cutting relatively large diameters was missing from their range. With the introduction of the new Cut-line, this gap is filled.
Customer-led research and development
“Customers are always on the lookout for the best performance and excellent reliability” Mr Champion told us. Therefore, the manufacturer continued its research and tests to arrive at the solution being put forward today. The insert is clamped vertically across two zones using an independent flange system. This principle provides much greater rigidity than systems fitted with a mounting which relies on the elasticity of the tool holder for clamping the insert. The insert itself has a new high-performance geometry which allows the chips to be expertly managed and provides a very good surface condition when machining.
Quality and service life
As the rear clamping zone for the insert is located in the full section of the tool holder, deviation during cutting is therefore minimised, so the sectioned face of the part does not show any signs of tapering. Even more importantly, the rigidity and simplicity of this clamping ensure the tool holder is highly reliable with a long service life. As no compromise had to be made for a clamping system with a flexible flange, it was possible to optimise the materials and processing of the tool holder so as to obtain the best results in terms of machining performance, reliability and quality.
The new Cut-line in detail
- H up to Ø 34 mm
- HX up to Ø 42 mm
- HS with an extra-short clamping flange, (requires the option of adjusting the centre height on the machine)
- Bars available ( square) 10, 12, 13, 16, 20 and 25 mm
- Cut widths: 1.6 mm, 2.20 mm and 3.10 mm
- TiALN, universal PVD coating for machining steels, stainless steels and titanium alloys.
- Tmax, thick PVD coating, specially suited to moderate to heavy machining of carbon steels and high alloy steels.
- AS, PVD coating for non ferrous metals
You can download the general catalogue or Cut-Line catalogue here.
Applitec Moutier S.A.
Chemin Nicolas-Junker 2
Tel.: +41 (0) 32 494 60 20
Fax: +41 (0) 32 493 42 60