The document “hints for your SME’s Webcast” gives small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) tips for optimizing their website. More security, reliability and usability makes internet offers of Swiss SMEs even more attractive. The checklist is a joint publication of Federal Office of communications (OFCOM), the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) and the InfoSurance Association.
Under the title “More security for your customers and more confidence for them”, this publication gives professional advices and examples of best practices. For those who seek for a better online presence, its reading is highly interesting.
This documents exists in French, German and Italian and is available on the Swiss Confederation website here: http://www.kmu.admin.ch/publikationen/02143/index.html?lang=fr
The document is written around essential questions:
- Is your website modern, consistent and user friendly?
- Are your texts quick and easy (designed for the web)?
- Are all the needed information available?
- Customers info are they appropriately treated (law)?
- Are the product descriptions clear and complete?
- Is the e-commerce secure and easy?
- Are the info regarding laws complete and correct?
- How do you react to customers questions?
- How is your address? Does it grasp attention?
- Is the website stable and quick?
- Easy to navigate and to find info?
- Has the website been tested? Is it easily accessed?
I know that sounds dated to speak about basic internet rules, but this documentation really deserve a look. It’s not dedicated to microtechnology, but it is valuable for everyone.