Parts manufacturers face challenges that seem contradictory; on one hand they must produce shorter and shorter batches. On the other they must manufacture as automatically as possible and at minimum costs. A manufacturer of milling and turning centers pulls out in this complex equation. Meeting at Willemin-Macodel SA with MM Patrick Haegeli, director and Denis Jeannerat, technical director.
“We do not only sell products with advanced features, but the whole of a process and our ability to guarantee it” says Mr. Haegeli. Nevertheless machines do actually have advanced features.
Premieres at EMO
Willemin-Macodel will present many innovations in world premiere at EMO 2011
- 408MT and 508MT evolutions. Improved performances in mixed turning-milling machining are possible by the increase of the machines dynamics and upgraded capacity of chips removal in turning.
- 5 axis 408S2 machining centres. The architecture of the machine includes a combined vertical spindle with a double dividing head including turning capabilities up to 4,000 rpm.
- The 508S machining center piloted by an Heidenhain numerical control is dedicated to 5 axes simultaneous machining and is equipped with all automation functions.
- The 518MT machining center presents a complete evolution in its feed systems, notably with rotary axes equipped with torque motor. This brings the whole a high dynamic, high-precision and high chips removal capacity.
Willemin-Macodel develops its machines based on some key features
- High static and dynamic rigidities
- optimal quality construction
- starting from the customers’ need
- relying on proven machine bases
- bringing more flexibility
- and managing peripherals
We will go into details of all these key features in Eurotec’s next issue
Other recents news about EMO 2011
–Chiron with the DZ08FA to double productivity (and other news)
–Tornos with the MultiSwiss to change the world of multispindle turning
–EMO presents more than machine-tools