At this year’s EMO the German manufacturer will come with a lot of news to machine from small to big parts. Hermle AG has accelerated its pace of its innovation to respond to the enormous challenges faced by users.
The company is not only presenting, in the form of the new CNC 5-axis high-performance machining centers in the MT-series, a practically oriented addition to the C series, which has been successful worldwide, but also provides users with significant added value. They feature a fully integrated rotary table and allow for challenging milling and rotational machining in one clamping.
To be seen at EMO
- C 20 U with RS 05 (see picture above)
- C 42 U MT dynamic (Mill/Turn)
- C 30 U dynamic
- C 22 U dynamic
- C 60 U MT dynamic
Close look on the C20 with RS 05 – Automation on 2 m² – with the RS 05 robot system
Following the motto of – Everything from one source – Hermle AG made it one of its top priorities a long time ago to be a system partner for high-performance machining centers and their automation with system competence. This also applies to planning and installation and also for service applications. The successful market launch of the RS 1, RS 2, RS 2 Kombi, RS 3, RS 4 and RS linear robot systems has now been followed by a complement at the lower end of the range.
The new addition has been designed especially for small to medium-sized series parts and can be optimally used in the medical and precision engineering sectors.
The RS 05 robot system is integrated in the machine enclosure of a C 20 or C 30 machining center and comprises a robot, a linear unit and a controlled lift magazine. The robot retrieves a matrix pallet from the lift magazine via the linear unit and pulls it to the handover point. The robot delivers the blanks/workpieces attached to the matrix pallets to the working area of the machine. The RS 05 robot system only requires 2 m² of space and allows for unrestricted access to the working room (ergonomic setup).
User benefits at a glance:
- Fully automated part equipment of most diverse workpieces/blanks
- Individual design for economic production of workpieces and parts families
- Simple job management / preprogrammed sequence control
- Alternating gripper system available with single, double, multiple or special grippers
- Customer-specific magazine design with up to 16 matrix pallets in the workpiece storage
- 6-axis industrial robots, transport weight up to 5 kg
- Large access to machine’s working area for manual interventions or during setup
- Attractive, ergonomically designed enclosure with two large inspection windows, which can be opened wide
- Additional workpiece magazine for a large number of tools with a large range of parts and long running times
- Cheap transport and simple installation thanks to the “hook-ready” design of the machine and the robot cells
- Can be run in multi-shift operation 7 days a week
- High system competence with Hermle as complete system provider
To be seen at EMO, Hall 12, booth C36