Employing 105 highly qualified workforce, the Rubis Précis / Micropierre / DPL Friatec Group has been engaged for 60 years in the production using customer’s drawings of high precision components. Especially of small mounted assemblies in Sapphire, Ruby, Quartz, Silica, Optical Glasses, Technical Ceramics, Ferrite, Tungsten Carbide, Stainless Steel, Gold, Platinum and other hard materials and metals.
Such materials have exceptional qualities of hardness (surpassed only by diamond), wear resistance, use at very high temperatures (up to 2000°C), use in medical (picture: new developments from this field), optical systems (visible and infrared), thermal and electrical insulation, resistance to corrosive products (acids, bases)…
A presence in worldwide market
Production of these high tech components in the group reaches about 2 million pieces per month, with price varying from 0.10 to 5’000 euros per piece. Annual sales of the group is about 11 millions euros.
The Group has a well established reputation of innovation and constant research using a large range of engineering materials and always accept new challenges. The group is active in worldwide market with more than 500 customers in 25 countries, who require precision components (accuracy of one micron) so that the final products made with the supplied materials solve problems of many natures.
Examples of actual productions:
- High precision pivots and bearings in Sapphire and Tungsten Carbide for various instruments used in computers, aerospace, measurement, metrology…(Sagem…)
- Connectors, lenses and other precision components in Sapphire for fibre optics (Alcatel)
- Components for pacemakers, femoral heads in biocompatible Ceramics for hip prosthesis and various precision components for medical applications.
- Precision components in Technical Ceramics for research , laboratories , nuclear, aerospace, analytical or scientific industries (Honeywell, C.N.R.S)
- Windows of Quartz or Sapphire for opto-electronics, vacuum, high pressure or high temperature (Thales)
Precision and quality
The excellent quality and extreme precision of the fabrications of the RP / MP / DPL Friatec Group has conferred a reputation on the Group as one of the world wide leaders in this field.
The quality control is based on ISO 9001, and the Group has in addition the quality certification EASE – European Aeronautic Supplier Evaluation – since 1999.
Rubis-Précis/Micropierre/DPL Friatec Group
25140 Charquemont / France
Tel : +33 (0)3 81 68 27 20
Fax : +33 (0)3 81 68 68 34
To be (re)discovered at Compamed /Medica in Düsseldorf from November 16 to 18, 2011