At Hannover Messe we’ve met with Ms. Angelika Al Kaisi, Sales representative of Braxton Manufacturing Co., Inc. She kindly explained us the strengths of the deep-drawn technology offered by the company.
Braxton is an ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturer of precision deep-drawn eyelets, deep drawn metal enclosures and housings, offering high accuracy and repeatability with tolerances to ±0.0025 mm. The company can deep-draw parts to 0.15 mm OD, with wall thicknesses as low as 0.013 mm. Maximum length 57.15 mm, and length-to-diameter ratios greater than 55:1 are attainable. Finished part tolerances are as low as ± 0.00254 mm, with surface finishes to 10 microinches RMS.
Compared to screw machines, plastic extrusions, tubing and stampings,Braxton’s deep-drawing techniques and “home-designed” machines by Braxton offer many benefits
- Starting with flat stock and ending with a tubular part, this process minimizes material waste.
- Superior part-to-part and batch-to-batch repeatability are assured.
- Slitting, flaring and hole punching, normally considered secondary operations, can be performed on the drawing machine.
- Intricate designs not previously possible can be produced.
- Raw material is work hardened during the drawing process, therefore eliminating the need for secondary heat treating on most finished parts.
- Starting stock can be clad or pre-plated with gold prior to the deep-draw process, guaranteeing even coverage of gold on both the OD & ID of microminiature tubes with or without a closed end as small as 0.13mm ID. This process also eliminates the threat of residual acid trapped in the parts, a type of contamination that is commonly found in the barrel plating process.
Braxton Manufacturing was founded in 1964 in central Connecticut, an area internationally known as a center of precision tool and die making with a highly skilled work force. In 1972, a second manufacturing facility was opened in southern California to supply deep-drawn components to the growing west coast customer base. The company opened a subsidiary in Germany to cover the whole of Europe. All the production is done in the US.
Braxton Manufacturing Co., Inc.
858 Echo Lake Road, P.O. Box 429, Watertown, CT 06795
Tel: 860-274-6781 | Fax: 860-274-9195
Braxton Manufacturing Co. of California, Inc.
2641 Walnut Ave., P.O. Box 425, Tustin, CA 92780
Tel: 714-508-3570 | Fax: 714-508-3571
Braxton European Sales Office
Angelika Al Kaisi – Sales representative
Wiesenstrasse 104, 53639 Thomasberg, Germany
Tel: +49 (0) 2244-91813-0 | Fax: +49 (0) 2244-91813-99