In less than two weeks Switzerland will unveil its largest medtech-centered event to date – the World Medtech Forum in Lucerne (Sept. 25-27). Over three days the Forum will tie together a trade fair (mediSIAMS being the microtechnology manufacturing section of the event), structured partnering events, workshops and a one-of-a-kind conference targeted at chief decision makers and executives from the international medtech sector.
mediSIAMS offers the perfect medical environment to companies active in microtechnology in the Jura region says F. Koller director of Faji and organizer of mediSIAMS.
For the first time this year, mediSIAMS is held in Lucerne with WMFL and the least we can say is that the medical environment is outstanding. According to P. Linder head of communication for Siams and mediSIAMS, the regret of the exhibitors of the last mediSIAMS in Moutier was the fact that the medical environment was not enough developped. With the WMFL, mediSIAMS now offers a perfect entry door to the medical world to microtechnology companies of the Jura region (and more indeed).
Exhibition by Industry Experts
The supply industry will present itself to domestic and international manufacturers of medical technology products during the three-day trade fair. As part of the World Medtech Forum Lucerne, the trade fair is intended to assemble all of the important industry players in one compact area, thereby fostering new business opportunities for domestic and international medical technology companies. The mediSIAMS section reunites 40 companies active in high precision machining and manufacturing from the Jura region (about 16% of the show). F. Koller says: “According to the fact we came late with this project, when budgets were already decided, we are satisfied with this number” and the director says that within a few issues, the aim is to reach 200 to 250 exhibitors on the mediSIAMS section.
Every two years
mediSIAMS also announced the fact that the WMFL and mediSIAMS will take place every two years when there is no SIAMS (this year being an exception)
You can already save the dates
- mediSIAMS/WMFL from September 17 to 19, 2013 (for those active in machining industry, yes it’s during EMO)
- SIAMS from May 6 to 9, 2014
- mediSIAMS/WMFL 2015 (dates not yet announced)
The Conferences – three days of international know-how
- Executive Day – Global challenges and new business models: insights from Novartis, B. Braun, Mathys, J.P. Morgan, IMS Consulting Group and others
- European Day – European challenges and managing complexity: perspectives from Zimmer, Fresenius Medical Care, Roche, Swissray Medical, Altran and more
- Asia Day – Export and value creation: market navigation from KPMG, Mindray Medical, Coltene, Ziemer Group, Zühlke, Diesse Diagnostica Senese and others
The Workshops – grow, collaborate, build
- What investors are looking for (presented by CTI Invest and Zühlke)
- Medtech regulation – Answers (presented by FASMED)
- Medtech selling models – Strategies (presented by Boston Consulting Group)
- Professionalized purchasing of hospitals – Strategies (presented by Roland Berger Strategy Consultants)
- Managing pan-European business operations (presented by you-can.biz)
- Business opportunities in the UK, the Nordics and Austria (presented by Osec)
- Marketing and distribution in Asia (presented by DKSH)
- Healthcare in India – Insights (presented by Lietz Consulting International)
- The 1-2-3 of product registration and market access in China (Medtech Switzerland)
You can download the full programme of the conferences and events here.
The World Medtech Forum and mediSIAMS offer visitors innovative ideas, solution-based opinions from market leaders and focused networking opportunities. See www.medtech-forum.ch for further details and registration.
You can order tickets here.