The new S141 from Studer has been redesigned from the ground up. However, the development also incorporates the know-how from many decades of grinding experience and consolidated state-of-the-art engineering knowledge. In addition to long-lasting and reliable quality and precision, the use of both cutting-edge and proven technologies, optimal ergonomics and ease of use were also important goals.
The machine’s ergonomic design and user friendliness are evident at first glance. Two generous sliding doors create optimal accessibility for both workpiece and grinding wheel change. Short changeover times and quick reprogramming of the control help to reduce auxiliary times, making the machine interesting for the production of individual components as well as small and large batches. The series is available in different design lengths, for workpieces with maximum lengths of 300, 700 and 1300 mm. The S141 is the ideal machine for grinding chuck components, spindle shafts, spindle hous-ings, rotor shafts or axes. Many workpieces are in the areas of machine tools, drive elements, aerospace and toolmaking.
Highlights of the S141
- The machine bed, comprising patented Granitan® S103 mineral casting with excellent damping characteristics, ensures outstanding surface quality of the ground parts.
- The grinding spindle turret has four grinding spindles, including a maximum of two external grinding spindles. Internal grinding quills of lengths up to 265 millimeters can be used.
- The workpiece table, for workpiece lengths of 300, 700 and 1300 mm depending on the machine, can be automatically swiveled from -10° to +20° via the machine control system for axis-parallel grinding of tapers.
- The workhead can be driven directly or via a belt, as required.
- The robust steady-rest specially designed for internal grinding enables simple setup and universal use.
- The machine can be equipped with up to two pivoting dressing units with fixed or rotating dressing tools.
- Two different intuitive operating systems, StuderWIN and StuderSIM, are available. Both operating systems are suitable for a wide variety of internal grinding applications and enable reliable programming of all basic cycles for grinding, dressing and process-supporting measurement.