Sandvik Coromant is making accessing key data and productivity information in the field and on the machine shop floor easier than ever by launching its iOS and Android apps in eight new languages. French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese and Japanese versions of these smart apps for metal cutting are now all available to download for free from the iTunes App Store and GooglePlay.
With efficiency more important than ever, the apps aim to provide customers with instant access to detailed support ranging from which tools to use and at what speeds to how long a process will take to complete and how much it will cost.
Sandvik Coromant’s range of apps is part of the company’s global strategy to focus on supporting the evolving needs of production engineers and machine shops in the digital age. By making the apps available in a variety of languages, the company is giving customers even greater choice of how, when and in what language they interact with Sandvik Coromant.
The apps include
- Start Values – designed to recommend cutting speed, feed and depth of cut for machining operations
- Insert Identifier – makes switching to Sandvik Coromant tools easy by identifying which Sandvik Coromant solution is equivalent to other inserts
- Turning Multi Materials – simplifies trying new material mixes and conditions and suggests customised selections of turning inserts
- Drilling and Tapping Calculator – provides quick and easy calculation of cycle times and costs for drilling applications
- Machining Calculator – helps optimize the performance of turning, milling and drilling applications by calculating optimal cut settings based on job parameters.
Visit iTunes or GooglePlay to download these free productivity apps.
For more information visit the website at www.sandvik.coromant.com.
…brought to you by eurotec-Online.com